Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Distractions

I read a quote today; "I want to turn my eyes away from the distractions of this world, and turn my heart towards my home"

My home is my first mission, my full time job and has been for 10 years, whether some agree or not. This is where I have been called to be. For a couple years I was so distracted with trying to find a job and the pressures that went along with it that I neglected what I was really supposed to be doing. It wasnt until one day, four years ago, that it dawned on me that this is where God needed me to be. I vowed to be the best stay at home momma and wife there was. And I worked hard and was truly distracted with my kids and my heart was at home and I had peace. :)

Today, I am still a stay at home momma, but I am Soooooo distracted by the world. I work at night, 20 hours a week, I homeschool (that's a good distraction), I have financial needs right now, we live in a facebook, twitter, email driven world and have the world at our fingertips. My mission today is still my home and I said to myself last night on the way home from work that I am not doing my first job very well. To read that quote this morning was way too timely for my comfort.

Distractions can be anything from second jobs, finances, facebook, worries, emotions to anxieties. They tear us away from what is needed of us. I need to be distracted by my kids, husband and full time job of being a wife, homeschooling momma and the task of raising these little people. It's time for me to turn my heart back towards my home, keep my worries in the family worry jar, be a hands free momma and be distracted by what matters most. :)



(Look for my weekly posts each Wednesday)